Urea is the most important fertilizer globally; it drives upstream demand for the ammonia market. Increased interest in urea has been stoked by the shale gas revolution in the United States, since cheap shale gas results in cheap urea.
The market demand is currently more than 170 million tons per year with the Asia Pacific region accounting fro around 70 percent of global demand. 90 percent of urea consumption is for production of fertilizer related products. The remaining 10 percent is used in glues such as urea formaldehyde and explosive amongst other applications.
This report provides intelligence and analysis on Urea supply sources, demand drivers and trade. The report includes a 5 year history and 10 year forecast for all major producing regions listed below with new capacity additions documented. This report provides intelligence and analysis on Urea supply sources, demand drivers and trade. The report also end use applications, making use of intelligence within Petrochemical Reporters data base to obtain a detailed analysis of demand based on derivative consumption. An overview of each of the commercial technologies mentioned will be included in the appendix along with a detailed methodology.